I thought my major was supposed to give me hundreds of secure jobs!
However, PayScale’s list of the 8 most secure jobs for 2010 only lists one job that directly fits my major. The list is as follows:
- Cardiovascular Technologist
- Database Administrator (ME!!)
- Personal Trainer
- Interior Designer
- Dental Hygienist
- Paralegal or Legal Assistant
- Water Treatment Plant System Operator (ugh stinky)
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
As it turns out, the number one job only requires a 2 year associate degree. Yet I’m in school for 4 years! But actually, I don’t mind. That 2 year associate degree probably ONLY fits that one specific job title. At least as a computer science major, I can be suitable for numerous (maybe even hundreds of) jobs. Aren’t you a little jealous?
I would be.