Finally the IRB for my independent study research project was approved! This semester I am working to design a new technology to help older adults in online communication and collaboration.
In the past week I was able to
- collect a LOT of papers previously published on this topic (and save them to Mendeley, the best reference manager tool on the market!)
- contact the coordinator of the Facebook Over 40 small group at my church to interview her in the near future
- get approved for a poster presentation at CAPWIC
- met with Dr. Elizabeth Mynatt from Georgia Tech’s Institute for People and Technology (iPaT) and discussed my current research endeavors
In addition, I’ve had a recent interest in crowdsourcing. At the NSBE National Convention, I will be giving a tech talk for the Graduate Student mini-Conference on crowdsourcing and DIY technologies. Therefore I’ve been collecting articles on different uses of crowdsourcing.
In the upcoming week I hope to be able to
- schedule a few interviews with residents of different independent living homes in the Baltimore area
- coordinate with an undergraduate collaborator on possible designs for a website
- finalize my interview questions
- and blog more!